- 30-Jul-2014 to 26-Aug-2014 (EST)
- Internet Development
- Woburn, MA, USA
Monotype is the leading global provider of typefaces, technology and expertise, enabling optimal user experiences and brand integrity.
We're looking for a skilled front-end developer to join our small, energetic team as the go-to UI developer.
MyFonts, a Monotype brand, has a clear mission; to make it simple for everyone to find and buy fonts. We work with thousands of font designers to bring fresh and fashionable font designs to customers in a feature-rich site. As a part of our team, you will help shape our ambitious plans for the future of MyFonts.
You can see the kind of things we do at http://www.myfonts.com.
What you'll be doing:
- Developing and modernizing front end web experiences
- Rapid prototyping of UI design concepts
- Transforming final UI designs into rich, responsive user experiences
What you should bring:
- Exceptional work ethic
- 1 or more years of relevant experience
- Strong HTML & CSS skills
- A keen eye for keeping visual consistency throughout a product
- Previous experience implementing responsive layouts.
- Ability to prioritize work on multiple projects
- Can collaborate with team members, but can complete projects individually
Nice for you to have:
- Experience with CSS preprocessors, like Sass
- Knowledge of HTML & JS templating systems, we use Smarty & Underscore.
- Working knowledge of version control systems. (SVN, Git)
What we will bring, and why you'll love us:
- Small, dynamic and tight-knit team
- Supportive, collaborative atmosphere
- We value growth and education, and offer reimbursement for classes and conferences
- We understand the work / life balance
- Company provided MacBook Pro Retina and Thunderbolt display
The position is located in Woburn, MA. This is a full time on-site contract position through the end of 2014.