- 11-Apr-2013 to 23-Apr-2013 (EST)
- QA Engineering
- Woburn, MA, USA
- Full Time
We are looking for a combination of excellent technical skills, and the ability to assess and implement new software quality assurance strategy and processes for our consumer electronics products. In this role, you will partner with the development team to understand what the performance risks are and develop API tests that can be run routinely. You should be someone who can demonstrate leadership as you will work with and lead a remote team while working in concert with that team's manager. Additional responsibilities for this new position include:
- Leading and helping to drive new Test initiatives to enhance product quality across the organization through building quality, performance and reliability
- Define, plan how to achieve, and execute automated test plan
- Work with development team to ensure that the API unit test suite is robust
- Analyze test results to ensure existing functionality and recommend corrective action
- Serve as champion and advocate for users of our software
- Coordinate with product owners and software engineers, bridging market needs to technical execution as a key member of Agile scrum teams
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent
- Solid experience in SDK API test development using C, C++, C#, or other languages.
- Minimum 7+ years' experience as software test engineer or software quality assurance engineer in an SDK/Embedded Software environment
- Mobile device/Consumer Electronic device software development experience is preferred
- Minimum 3 years' commercial software experience with whitebox and automated testing
- Experience testing and knowledge of Embedded OS environments such as Android, iOS, or QNX
- Strong background in software test methodologies, expertise in developing test frameworks, tools, and automation for complex platforms
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work effort across geographically distributed team(s) and ensure that tasks are completed on schedule
- Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate partnering with and driving initiatives with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Strong facilitation and team collaboration skills
Who Are We? We're one of the best kept secrets around. Most people haven't heard of us but we're in many things you use everyday – from cell phones, laser printers, your navigation system, the set-top box for your TV, the digital camera you used on your last vacation, your eBook reader and most of the text you read in magazines, newspapers and other print materials. We're a leading global provider of fonts, we drive font development and new font technology and text imaging solutions...we're publicly traded (TYPE)...small enough that we know everyone and have a great culture but large enough to make a difference.
What's In It For You? We're a great company and growing. We hire smart people so you'd be working with the best. We're a fun place to work and we care about our people. This role has the ability to have a huge impact on our business, and is highly visible. We pay competitively and have a fantastic benefits package. If you're interested in what we have to offer and are a person who wants to do great work, we'd like to talk with you.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!